Giving gifts is important and has benefits for the giver and recipients. Whatever form generosity takes, whether of our time, resources, emotions or support, it has been shown to be good for both the giver and recipients - spanning the physical, emotional, social and spiritual.
Here is a quick recap on why it is important to give, and it could be planned or spontaneous.
1. Generosity and giving brings you closer to the special people in your life.
2. Giving, including your time and emotions in listening, shows you are interested.
3. Giving shows your appreciation and gratitude.
4. Giving promotes good karma.
5. Giving spreads love.
6. Giving strengthens bonds with others.
7. Giving makes you feel happier.
8. You live longer!
Giving and gifting is ultimately about connections and relationships. The benefits are lovely, and may just be the added bonus. Happy giving and gifting!